MEN2HEALTH: Thursday and Friday evenings 5pm – 9pm
We are happy to introduce our new men’s service which offers talking and complementary therapies to men on a walk-in and NHS referral basis.
Our Men2Health service will commence from 5pm to 9pm, on Thursdays and Fridays.
Our women’s services will continue to operate as normal during these times.
The Men2Health service is also available at the St Pancras and Somers Town Living Centre, 2 Ossulston Street, NW1 1DF on Thursday evenings only, between 4-9pm.
WHAT WE OFFER
Counselling is a way of exploring your concerns and feelings with a counsellor who will listen attentively in an accepting, non-judgmental way, in a safe and confidential setting. She will help you to understand yourself better, exploring why you think, feel and behave as you do; to find your strengths and build on them. What starts out as a problem can often become the turning point towards self-discovery.
Counselling is not advice giving, but may enable you to make choices and changes in your life, to do what feels right for you.
Psychotherapy is very similar but may take longer and works at greater depth. They can both be helpful in exploring early traumatic experiences, coping with major life changes and building confidence and self-esteem.
Who is it for?
- Anyone over 16 of any race, class, cultural background or sexual orientation
- For those troubled by stress in their lives and want to explore strategies for change
- For those who feel isolated, depressed, confused, angry or overwhelmed by the demands of others or who have concerns about their working and personal relationships
- For those who are bereaved
- For those with suicidal thoughts
- For those who have been abused
What are the benefits?
- Enhanced wellbeing, mood and positive emotions
- Enhanced motivation, morale and relationships
- Improved mental health
We offer 2 Talking Therapies services:
- Short term service – Depending on the assessment, sessions will vary from 6 to 12 sessions. Project is funded by NHS and free (if registered with a Camden GP)
- Longer term service – Contracts up to 1 year, but currently not funded.
Clients pay a contribution on a sliding scale £15 - £45 according to income / circumstances.
(Expect to pay about £1 per £1000 of gross income)
All counselling sessions are weekly and last 50mins.
All therapists receive regular supervision and work to professional ethical guidelines (e.g. UKCP, BACP, BPS). We offer some therapy in languages other than English – please enquire.
What are the benefits?
Complementary Therapies are an important part of our holistic approach to healthcare. These therapies allow the individual the time and space to consider the impact of every aspect of their lives, rather than concentrating solely on a single presenting health issue. For many, Complementary Therapies can help to reduce stress and anxiety, promote relaxation and support overall health and well-being.
We offer over 20 Complementary practitioners providing a wide range of therapies including Acupuncture, Deep Tissue Massage, Life Coaching, Osteopathy and much more.
All our practitioners are fully qualified, insured and experienced, working to the highest professional standards in accordance with their relevant professional bodies.
Our affordable fees range from £45 to £26, with concessions agreed according to income and circumstances.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!