We are excited to announce the Women’s Lockdown Art fundraising exhibition will open on Wednesday 11 November!
Women’s Lockdown Art fundraising exhibition showcases women artists’ responses to the lockdown. Over 40 artists are taking part and have produced an eclectic range of work to be sold online in aid of Women + Health.
Although the recent lockdown announcement has meant the abandonment of the planned exhibition of the work at the Zabludowicz Collection, all the art will be available for viewing and sale online.
Key dates for your diary:
- Virtual Launch: Wednesday 11 November at 7pm
- Online exhibition and sales open: Wednesday 11 November at 7:00 pm to Friday 25 December
The Virtual Launch
Women + Health is pleased to invite you to a virtual exhibition launch event on Wednesday 11 November at 7pm.
- See writer and psychotherapist Susie Orbach, art historian Frances Borzello and director of Zabludowicz Collection Elizabeth Neilson discuss the exhibition and what the crisis has meant for women,
- Hear the recent work of prize-winning poet Karen McCarthy Woolf.
- Preview the Women’s Lockdown Art exhibition.
Women + Health is a Camden based health charity that helps isolated and vulnerable women, including those who are survivors of domestic violence and rape, to overcome their multiple health challenges. Although we have been providing these essential services for over 30 years, lockdown has brought extra financial pressures.
We hope the proceeds from this exhibition will help us to continue our essential work into the future.